Trying to make an application, ideally cross-platform but it's not required. I know that GTK exists and is cross-platform for Mac, Windows, and Linux, but what else exists? I want to explore all my options before making a big choice like that.
The program's backend will be a mixture of an OOP (C++, Java, or Python) and SQL/Hibernate.
As per Nick's comment:
- Cross-platform compatibility
- Support for a mixture of SQL with an OOP (python, java or c++)
- Language can be influenced by the GUI software, it's not set in stone which language we'll use
- Easily/logically extensible. The finished product will have a 'core' that should be easy to customize for different applications of the core. Ideally it would be modular, so that I would never have to change the 'core' but could simply override the file for a certain screen if I wanted to add a column, drop-down box, check box, etc.
- Some sort of commercial license must be available, GPL/LGPL won't work for the application due to other software that will be used. BSD license should work, but I'm not overly familiar with licensing to be positive