My goal is to have unlimited Photo and Video storage with priority being
- Ease of management
- $Free$ (excluding local hardware if necessary).
- Resiliency of "high quality" photo and video
- Resiliency of original (highest) quality photo and video.
Note: #4 is called out separately, because I don't believe there is currently a free, unlimited quantity/quality cloud solution for photos and videos. Although I don't want to lose #4, it wouldn't be detrimental as long as I had #3.
- Must support storing photos/videos from Android, IOS, and Windows. Photos/videos from other dumb sources (Camera, GoPro, Scanner, etc.), which I would assume would be by dropping in a folder on Windows. Would be nice if the solution worked for Mac and/or Linux. Must support family of users. Bonus if can consider each users privacy.
- Must have at least 3 copies not including copies on mobile devices. For example: (Cloud + Local + Local Backup) or (CloudVendorA + CloudVendorB + Local).
- Should be clear when something is wrong (e.g. 3 copies of X do not exist)
- Should be able to rename files without making copies.
- Should be able to control backup over cellular, wifi, and local network.
- Should not have to physically connect mobile devices.
- Would be nice to control what stays local on device. All devices will not be able to store the entire library due to size constraints.
- Would be nice to be able to edit/tag metadata on the file across all 3 copies.