C++20 will bring counting and binary semaphores into the language. In the mean time, is there a library for C++11/14/17 providing similar functionality?
- Supported on Linux
- Supports at least binary semaphores
- Libre license
- Supports counting semaphores
- Supported on any platform which offers POSIX threads/semaphores
- Small (i.e. not going to pull in Boost or Abseil etc.)
- Non-minuscule userbase
- Makes decent use of C++11/14/17 features, and particularly - plays nicely with std::thread if necessary.