I'm looking for a personal finance application. I've tried Squirrel and MoneyWiz, and they both have features I want, as well as flaws that make them nearly unusable for me. What I absolutely need (apart from the basics such as adding transactions into multiple accounts and tags/categories):
- Sync between a Mac App (native) and an iOS App (MoneyWiz does this beautifully, Squirrel's so called sync never seems to work)
- Scheduled transactions which show a prognosis for the balance in my account for the rest of the month or so (Like Squirrel does, MoneyWiz's "forecasting" is laughable)
- Import of a custom CSV file with transactions, where the app finds duplicates that have already been entered, and can categorize/tag transactions automatically.
- Support for multiple currencies (MoneyWiz is really good here, Squirrel almost adequate)
- A UI that doesn't require 4 clicks per scheduled transaction to pay them in advance (I.E. when I've scheduled them into my online bank). Squirrel is great here, MoneyWiz drives me up the wall.
Basically, I guess I want Squirrel, but with a sync that works and better currency support.