I am looking a bilingual French-English dictionary that I can use on my Amazon Kindle Paperwhite. I try to read the French newspaper Le Monde on my Kindle, but there are words that I don't understand. I have a French monolingual dictionary, but I don't always understand the definitions. Furthermore, it doesn't find inflected forms (especially verbs) or contractions.

So I'm looking for a French-English dictionary for the Kindle which:

  • can be used conveniently while reading a newspaper;
  • has entries for inflected forms.
  • That would be tough considering the constraints of the Kindle. What device are you using?
    – Patrick Sebastien
    May 22, 2014 at 12:07
  • Merci! J'ai une Kindle Paperwhite.
    – KSUM
    May 23, 2014 at 1:33
  • Les logiciels sont hors sujet ici, même si ils ont un vague rapport avec la langue française. Le sujet du site French Language, c'est la langue française. Je migre cette question vers un site où elle est acceptable, à condition de traduire en anglais. Jun 21, 2014 at 18:14
  • 1
    @Gilles Btw you are welcome to cast your opinion on Are dictionaries off-topic? Jun 21, 2014 at 19:38

1 Answer 1


The Collins French to English Dictionary looks good. You can set it as the default dictionary, this way you'll be able to see definitions while you're reading something. You can also browse it like a normal dictionary.

  • 1
    Je vais le essai. J'espere le chercher est bien pour des plusiers de conjugations. Merci!
    – KSUM
    May 23, 2014 at 1:34
  • Je vais l'essayer aussi. J'utilise mon iPad comme Kindle... alors ça devrait intéressante.
    – Patrick Sebastien
    May 23, 2014 at 13:40

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.