Related question : Secure email client for Windows and Android - this time, I will settle for an Android only solution.
Until/unless I get an answer to my question K9 not showing all mails in unified inbox, I am searching for a new Android email client. I am perfectly happy with K9 (except for that quite major problem), so something similar would be welcome.
I need something which :
- will handle multiple accounts (at least a dozen), and keep them separate (although a unified inbox is also nice)
- has good search capabilities (message body too, not just header) partial sender address, wildcard searches, date range searches, all of these combinable
- a bunch of plugins would be nice
- I especially want GPG support
- and I don't want it scanning my emails & using me as "the product"
- has IMAP support
- allows me to schedule how often it checks for new mail (not once an hour, like Gmail)
- supports common mailbox formats, so that I could switch to a new client & import
- tags are nice
- mark as "in need of reply" & remind me
- it would be nice to be able to download all of my email to SD card (given how large they are nowadays), so that I can view/search them all while offline
I don't need a calendar or fancy address book, but won't object. Low resource usage would be nice. Stable, with good support & an active user community.
Gratis (and add-free) would be great, but I am willing to pay, if there is a compelling reason. I don't need open source, but don't object to it.
It is very important to me that the client not be tied with a service, especially not one which stores my email or login details on its own server - my login details should be sent only from my Android device to the mail server, and my email should not be read/scanned by any intermediaries.