What software can I use for:
- compute complex formulas which result could be not analytical, thus requiring iteration methods and substantial computational cost (ex. quantum mechanics analysis)
- easily manipulate formulas symbolically: differentials, integrals, summations and complex analysis smooth as silk
- thorough graphical and plotting functionalities
- data and statistical analysis and simulation (like Montecarlo's etc)
And these are the priorities. Hopefully requested a software that uses a language that allows me to produce simple scripts for:
- capture numerical information from source
- send controls signal to actuators or electronic systems
all limited to the source's inputs and outputs and not bothering about the device system itself.
Pure mathematics like graph theory, topology etc, not needed except combinatorics.
- open source
- thorough wiki or forums
- programming language generally well accepted in science and engineering fields