I would like to decrease my dependence from the Google. Particularly, I don't wish to
- allow google to remove image/video metadata, without I asked it from them (but allow them to process it)
- allow google to have access to my private photos (videos)
- pay google for giving a larger storage data than 16GB, while I could buy a hard disk roughly in their price for a year
- allow google to irrecoverably decrease the quality of my photos
- tolerate such "jokes" from them, like the separation of the google drive and google photos.
However, I would still like to have the nice features of the google photos / cloud storage. Particularly:
- on all my android devices, where I have google photos, the photos are uploaded to the google automatically, if I have a wifi connection
- my synchronized, and old photos (videos) are automatically deleted from my devices (but not from the cloud storage)
- my new photos (created by my other androids) in the server storage are automatically downloaded to my devices
I have my own servers, on which I have full control: I decide, how big HDD I buy into them, and what services do I want to run on them.
However, I have much lesser control over my android devices: I can use only apps which are allowed by the google, and many of them wants regularly cash from me, what I don't want to pay.
Most ideally, I would like to have a google photos, what is using my own sftp server, and not the Google. Alternatively, anything on the server side is okay, what I can do with a Linux (for example, WebDav).
I tried FolderSync until now. It can synchronize data over ssh, but it can't automatically delete my old photos.
I tried also PhotoSync. Beside the disadvantage of the FolderSync, it also wants money for sftp support.