I sometimes need to export a few pages from a big PDF file.
The pages must then be "copyable", ie the pages must not be exported as images.
On my older Windows 7 computer, a 200 page PDF crashes LibreOffice which I normally use for this task.
I thought I finally found the solution with Foxit Reader… only to see that the text pastes as garbage:
Is there a Windows/Linux application that can export a "text PDF" as "text PDF" (for lack of a better word) ?
FWIW, I tried the following apps before asking:
- CutePDF Writer (22.214.171.124) : image
- PDFSam Basic: Can't use eg. "1,2,5,102-105" ?
- ImageMagic: Only exports as images?
- LibreOffice: Crashes when handling 200 page doc
- Acrobat Reader: Can't print/export with own driver (relies on installed CutePDF)
Edit: I can search the original file CTRL+F, so a text layer must be present. Nevertheless,
apt-get install poppler-utils pdftotext -layout -f 102 -l 105 big.pdf subset.pdf Syntax Warning: Invalid Font Weight Syntax Warning: Invalid Font Weight
Next, copied subset.pdf to Windows, opened in SumatraPDF:
"Error loading subset.pdf".