I have rescued 160 GB of data in >120.000 files from a broken SSD. Since there were read errors, the files might have the right size, but invalid data.
I now need a tool that checks the files for integrity. I am aware that such a tool cannot know all file formats.
I expect support for the following file extensions:
- ZIP, CAB, RAR, 7Z - compressed files
- MP4, MP3, WMV, WAV, OGG - media files
- BMP, PNG, JPG, JPEG, TIF, GIF - images
- PDF, DOC, DOCX, ODT - documents
- XLS, XLSX - tables
- PPT, PPTX - presentations
- ONE - Microsoft OneNote
- XML - XML files
- TXT, CPP, H, HPP, CS, PY, JSON - text files (perhaps just with a likelyness of being broken)
- HTM, HTML, JS - web stuff
Support for the following would be great:
- VMDK - VMWare virtual disk
- ISO - CD / DVD disk images
- DLL, EXE, JAR, MSI - executable files
- OST - outlook data file
- STL, BLEND - 3D objects
I would pay up to 100 € for it, depending on the number of file formats supported and usability.
My question is similar to Tool to validate the integrity of my data files, but I'm a bit more specific to file formats. None of the answers suits my needs.
I also saw File integrity checker for Windows, but I don't have hash values I could check my data against. The tool I'm looking for must be able to detect irregularities in the file itself, e.g. its metadata.