Background to this question:
- Terrorist Act in the UK: https://genesis.re/wiki#Terrorism_Act
- Can Police force me to unlock my phone: https://twitter.com/marsxrobertson/status/1170132167122391041
- Current "democracy" in the UK: https://twitter.com/marsxrobertson/status/1172057542429749248
- Censorship on the mailing list: https://steemit.com/censorship/@genesisre/was-it-censorship-need-to-verify-the-facts-the-message-was-there-now-i-cannot-find-it
Some existing workarounds:
- IPFS: https://ipfs.io/blog/24-uncensorable-wikipedia/
- Everipedia (EOS blockchain): https://everipedia.org/
- Some Ethereum projects: https://akasha.world/
Some people are concerned about encryption, privacy. I'm more concerned about censorship.
Wikileaks had "insurance file" with the password:
I believe in truth, transparency, integrity and I'm concerned about censorship. Of course I could continue with the existing wiki and have backups, distribute these backups but that requires work and is error-prone. I'm looking for censorship-resistance by default, I know such feature is fundamental to Bitcoin blockchain and I'm seeking off-the-shelve software that will make this process seamless, native, transparent.
Censorship resistance by default.