As a developer I'm working on a multi-process/service application. I'm looking for a tool, that can start/stop, perhaps monitor my services in the user space.
I found process monitoring tools, but all seem to be targeting the OS level. Monit e.g. might be good for my usecase, but it seems still a bit heavyweight. So is systemd.
- give a tool to developers to manage all the application processes they work on
- ideally store script in
gitwith the application source code (this is not a must)
- list services in a config file
mytool all start-> start all services within project root e.g.
- create PID file for each service
- redirect stdout to a log file
mytool foo stopor
mytool foobar restart
- optinally: continue to run as a daemon, and be able to monitor / alert for dead processes with some rules
So basically what the services command does in Ubuntu, but manage simple user space command.