I'm looking for an e-commerce platform that allows for the customer to customize the product. The shop would be for glasses, so after selecting the frame there should be a form where the customer can select the type of lenses they want. The lenses available are independent of the frame selected, and the lenses add to the total price of the glasses. I think this should be doable with the same kind of product customization feature that allows for selecting custom text to be engraved on an item, for instance.
I started working on a store based on Django Shop, but I'd like to know whether there's an e-commerce framework that already supports this feature. I've also looked at Saleor,¹ ² ³ Spree, Solidus, Sylius, Reaction Commerce, Aimeos, and Cezerin, but they also don't seem to have that feature. WooCommerce, nopCommerce, Shopware, and possibly PrestaShop have plugins for product customization, but those plugins are not gratis.
- Supports product customization. Customization can be either before or after it's added to the cart; it doesn't matter. Form should support radio- and checkbox-like ways of choosing from multiple choices, and conditional logic for hiding later parts of the form. Product customization should be able to affect the price of the product.
- Support for product variants (different sizes and colors), which can be selected on the product detail page.
- Keeps track of stock - purchasing an item decreases the available stock, etc.
- Easy-to-use GUI interface for adding products to store
- Includes a pre-built mobile-responsive storefront, not just a back-end
- Open source (copyleft is okay)
- Not primarily in WordPress, Drupal, Lua, Perl, Objective-C, or Pascal
Desired but not required:
- Product list page supports filters
- Images can be associated with the product variant and not the product model
- Store can be translated into multiple languages. Localization for currency is not necessary, however.
- Users can "like" or save products they like without adding it to their cart
- Users can create an account
- Progressive web app, single page app, works offline, etc.
Related question (no answers so far): Best e-commerce solution to add product customization within checkout page? (not product page). One difference is that I don't particularly care whether the configuration is on the product page or checkout page, and I have some additional requirements.