We are looking for a new task management software, that could ideally also be used as a helpdesk and knowledgebase software.
At the moment we are using OneNote to create and manage our tasks
(+) with OneNote you can create really great tasks. you can add pictures easily, move them around, create text that belong to that image etc., also responding / commenting to a task can easily be done with pictures etc.
(+) you can also easily add local files or links to local files. This is also a big pro for us.
(-) you have no way of being notified that something has been added to a task that you sent to someone. that is a big contra for us. we have almost 50 big OneNotes for our projects, in each there are 3 - 8 people working in it. You have to be reminded by someone "Hey, I just added something to OneNote Task #1089, can you review it?" and that makes it really unmanageable
I also tried Trello, Kantree and Microsoft Planner
(+) I love the "card" philosophy of these programs. it's a much better overview than some big OneNote Tables. Also you can do anything you want with these cards. you can create a helpdesk board and create helpdesk cards there, you can create a knowledgebase board and create knowledgebase cards there. very nice principle.
(+) You can get notified easily. You have a calendar for each board and you get a notification when something changed on a card where you're working on
(+) You can use checklists, deadlines, labels etc. which makes it very manageable.
(-) None of them has a good editor like OneNote. Especially not Trello that has just a markdown editor. you can not easily work with pictures, you can not as easily build a new task for someone.
(-) It's all in the cloud and you have no way (or no easy way at least) to link local files without uploading them to a cloud
(-) Some of them are Browserapps, with no desktop app.
As you can see, there are points on both types of applications that are very good, but also a lot that are very bad.
I'm looking for a taskmanagement software that combines these attributes:
- Having an Editor like in OneNote to easily add pictures, text in different colors, etc.
- Having the possibility to link to local files
- Having a way to get notified if something changed on a task you're on or you sent to someone
- Good overview on all tasks of a project (maybe also in card principle like in Trello). Ideally also with a calendar.
- Possibility of using this software also as helpdesk and knowledgebase.
- easy to use. In our company everyone will use this software. meaning not just IT-people, also older people and people from completely different professional genre like carpenters or electricians.
- available in German language
Is there something like this on the market? I can't seem to find anything.