I'm trying to develop a script/software that reads information from a Google Sheet linked to a Google Form and writes specific entries to a table.
The form is used to track when vehicles leave and arrive at certain destinations and when they return to base. All of this information is recorded to the Google Sheet.
What I am trying to make is a something that will visually track which vehicle is going where, how long each vehicle is enroute to its destination and how long it's been there. I want this information in two tables (one for vehicles enroute and one for vehicles arrived) but I am up for suggestions.
The final product needs to be a stand alone application that does not require any installation or permissions and can run on any fresh installation of Windows 7 and 10.
What would be the best language and IDE for me to do this and what would be the best way to go about developing this?
To summarize, the final product needs to:
- Read information from a Google Sheet.
- Place that information into the appropriate table.
- Track how long each vehicle has been placed in the table.
- Remove vehicle from tables when it returns back to base.
- Require no installation. Can run off a flash drive if needed.
- Run on Windows 7 or later. Running on Mac is not needed but would be a bonus.
I am a relative beginner in software development/scripting familiar with Python and C#. I am open to all suggestions. Will be working on a MacBook Pro for the course of developing this project.