I have several boxes of old photos that I would like to scan, preserve and organize digitally. In addition, I have around 70GB of digital photos for my own family. In addition, other relatives have expressed interest in storing/organizing their photos as well.
Being a computer programmer by trade, I'm starting to dream of a software that could handle all these needs. It's kinda like a cross between digital assets management and social networks. Here are some ideas that I've come up with what it could do:
- Photo upload/download in bulk
- Editing of photo metadata (where, when, who's in the picture, tags, etc)
- As much metadata as possible saved within image files themselves
- Metadata editing history (to revert vandalism)
- Easy backups & incremental backups
- Searching of photos by various metadata
- Walled community - needs invites to get in (this is for private stuff, not another Instagram)
- Users split into groups (families)
- Photos can be completely private, or limited to a group, or shared to all users
- Chat/forum at each photo
- Email notifications for chat/changes
- Privilege system where certain users can be denied chat or metadata editing functions; or where pictures can be locked down to be edited only by group admins
Is there a software out there already that can tick off most of these boxes?