I am looking for an Android and iOs app to track my friends when we meet. If I can't find a good one, I may develop my own, so feel free to add features which you would like as comments.
- can have its own contact list, or use my phone's
- one of us creates a meeting, either at current location, or by searching, and gives a date & time, or "now"
- invitations are sent to the others
- the status of each is shown, to all - accept/tentative/decline/no reply yet
- each of them can choose when to make their location known, X minutes before rendezvous time (that might be overkill? Either the same time for all, or always on?)
- a status page, showing the estimated time of arrival (ETA) for each, updated every minute. Note that each user may choose to say how they are travelling - by car, public transport, foot; if they don't, the app will show all possibilities
- show each user on a map, with ETA
- is chat necessary? if the people know each other, they are probably already in each other's WhatsApp, etc
- can support multiple planned rendezvous
- any other nice features?
Preferably free, but up to about Eur 5, or maybe even 10
- do you know of such an app?
- if not, would you use one?
- would you pay a few Euros for it?
- any other features?
Just to be clear, i want & need something like this. I would much rather that someone recommend one. Coding my own is a last resort; life is too short.