Is it possible that we can use python or other language to fetch json data from website and posting on ms excel for enterprise purpose
closed as off-topic by RockPaperLizard♦ May 9 at 2:07
This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:
- "This question does not appear to be about software recommendations, within the scope defined on meta and in the help center." – RockPaperLizard
Of course it is.
You actually have multiple methods to choose from but one of the easiest is to use the following libraries, (all pip installable):
- To get the data from the web site: requests, (pip install requests to install).
- To read the json: json, (built-in but there are some possible alternatives).
- To output to an Excel compatible format - use any of:
- csv *(built in and can create files that Excel can read),
- xlwt (pip install - can produce XLS files),
- pyexcel (pip install - can produce multiple formats of file),
- pandas (pip install - can produce XLSX files),
- win32com + Excel - (pip install - can produce XLSX files) the only option that requires Excel on the machine getting the data.