I need a similar backup-tool for Ubuntu (preferably also for XUbuntu) like Time Machine for Mac. I especially need the functionality to restore the whole system like Time Machine does:
When you get a new Mac, you can transfer all of your applications, files, settings, and other information from a Time Machine backup you've already made. When you start up your new Mac for the first time, the Setup Assistant asks you if you would like to restore from backup. If you've already set up your new Mac, you can use the Migration Assistant (located in Applications/Utilities) to do the same thing.
The tool itself should be:
- easy to use (such that I can not make errors, no CLI)
- make back-ups automatically and regularly
- restore the whole system (applications, files etc...)
- incremental back-ups (it should not make an image of the whole files for each back-up)
- it should be able to save to an external HDD