- http and ftp
- Command line (for using in unattended scripts)
- Takes the list of files to download from a text file (potentially tens of thousands URLs), optionally with a way to specify local paths for each of them.
- Reports how many files (out of the total number of files in the list) are finished downloading so far (succeeded or failed), optionally estimate remaining time based on assumption that all the files are of similar size.
- Parallel files download
What I looked at:
- curl - one file at a time
- wget - no parallel file download
- aria2 - does not report number of files downloaded so far
- lftp - cannot take a (big) download list from file