After using TeamViewer for years, it has finally shut itself down, declaring I am using it for commercial use. I use it between my surface, pc at home and pc at work. I tried explaining to them that I have a different 4 user licence at work to remote to our clients, and this was personal use. But no go.
I have tried TightVNC, its way too slow and dicey.
What I need
- Secure, two passwords are good (one into account and then into my pc)
- Free or Reasonable cost
- Some sort of support for multiple monitors (one at a time is fine)
- Two windows hosts
- Access my hard disk and run local apps (I dont need to play games or do development)
I dont care
- If it uses port forwarding on my host pc
- If I have to install a Pi at both hosts (especially if it boosts security)
I dont want
- VPN as this gets dicey when I am travelling
- A recurring charge
Nice to Have
- Android Support (Client)
- Raspberry Pi Support (Host)
I have looked at a few, but there are so many. Many also lie about their free status. But I dont mind paying, just not a ridiculous amount. And I hate SAS type licenses. Radadmin looks ok at $49 but thats only one host. I can buy two licenses. But is it any good ?