Preparing a large presentation with dozens of backup slides, I have become frustrated with Powerpoint ability at navigating and outlining the content. The "sections" feature helps, but seems oddly limited.
- The "Normal" view gives me the choice between seeing too few slides at once (when making the navigation bar wide) and not being able to read the titles of either slides or sections.
- The "slide sorter" view provides the best overview, but would be much more useful, if it were possible to use it as navigation bar replacement in "Normal" view. See e.g. this mockup.
- The "Outline" view could provide the best overview, but oddly doesn't display the foldable sections created in other views. It can also have an extensive startup time, when the slides contain equations.
- The "Section" feature itself is limited, as it doesn't allow nesting: It would be vastly helpful, to be able to group sections, e.g. in order to be able to fold away all backup slides at once while still structuring the backup slides by topic.
I was wondering if there are any add-ins available, that help with these aspects. The most useful would probably addin's for
- nestable sections, and
- section-support in outline view.
Sadly, with powerpoint, a google search for add-ins is flooded with "the complete list of best powerpoint addins" articles, that just keep repeating the same addins for simple editing tasks, so I wasn't successful in judging if such an addin exists.
I am running Office 2019 (via Office 365 Personal). At work I am using Office 2010.