For some time I been searching for a task runner with watch capabilities.
My needs are: watch one or multiple folders for save events and in sequence run:
- some bash command
- another bash command
- npm run-script something
- some other cli tool like go run main.go/python mypyfile.py
My real life workflow now is:
- This project has a .sh file that generate an zip output so I need ./my-file.sh parameter
- mv the file to another folder
- my golang software will consume this zip.
- need to run the console version of lessc on some files
- run a python program
Some steps of this workflow are legacy; I don't have alternatives for those.