I am trying to move away from all Google products.
For mapping, I am using AngularJS 1.x and Leaflet.
I was surprised to find that Leaflet does not support geocoding, where I pass an address and get a latitude/longitude. I need that in order to add markers to the map.
I am looking for a Geocoder which:
- is free for commercial use
- is stable and likely to stay so for many years
- has a really simple API, preferably just HTTP GET, which will take a city name or street name and return latitude/longitude (not that I don't really need great accuracy; city level resolution will be enough in some cases)
- a batch interface is "nice to have", but I will probably just fire off individual requests
- coverage of the UK will currently suffice, but all of Europe would be "nice to have"
What can you recommend?