I need to perform some actions (say, for example, I install a program on an iMac and then generate a report that includes the following information:
- the version of MacOS running on the iMac (eg. macOS Mojave 10.14.3)
- the application I tried to install (name, version)
- install result (success/fail)
- the list of all applications installed and their versions (I do the ones in the Applications folder)
I need an app/script that automates that for me and extracts similar information for respective Operating Systems.
- Works either in windows or Mac or any of the major Linux distros, preferably supports both Windows and Mac.
- Available for free or for a free-trial, but preferably an opensource script that I can modify.