I'm looking for a simple Windows program that lets me define some macro texts that are automatically expanded when I type. Just simply "replace this string with this string".
E.g. -abc- expands to abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
- It should work 'everywhere': in an editor, in my browser, in Word,...
- At least the CR(LF) should be possible in the replacement string
- Import/export of the strings. Not necessarily in the interface: if it means editing or copy a file, fine.
- Not case sensitive for the input strings
- Run under Windows 10
I don't need scripting or automating the Windows GUI, that programs like AutoIt or AutoHotkey do. Nor do I need mouse playback, or keyboard/mouse recording.
Preferably free, but a small one time fee would be OK too.
I am using Fingertips right now, but that has an interface that does not work for me, and I'm looking for a (simpler) replacement.*
This is not a dupe of:
- Is there a software alternative to hardware keyboard macros?, (OP wants to bind keys to keyboard shortcuts)
- Need Help with Keyboard Macros (Op wants to monitor the screen for input)
- Very simple macro expanding command line program in Linux and Windows (OP requires 'markdown' intelligence like recognizing begin/end markers)
* No resizable windows/items cut off; no multiselect items (had to delete its 40 pre-installed commands one by one); settings screen always-on-top when open; not remembering its interface settings, but insists on putting three commands back after deleting them; export option is broken and there's no import option