I am attempting to build an installer for a .NET 4.7 application. I have a few requirements that are making it difficult to find a good installer.
- Minimal user interaction. Squirrel allows installations with just one click, I'd like to get to this point if possible.
- Need to install to Program Files. This is what makes squirrel unsuitable.
- Ideally includes an update mechanism which is easy for the user. So the app can update when they start it or they can simply click a button. I don't want the user to have to download and install again.
- Gives me the option to check for the .net framework
- Lets me add in DLLs for my dependencies.
- Lets me add services and drivers
I'd also like something that's simple. Squirrel is what I tried to use and it is pretty easy to work with.