I am looking for a tool that helps me assign tasks that are connected with a certain workload to a number of people, and keep an overview of who is doing what and for how long.
Thus, for each task, the tool should keep track of
- how many hours will it approximately take
- when should work on it start
- who should work on it at which priority one which days
and for each team member
- how many hours do they have available
- bonus points if this is computed automatically based upon a general workload per day + individual off-work days
- which tasks are they working on on which day
EDIT: As explained in the comments, please note that the focus of the tool should be the workload/capacity and planning aspect.
For instance, on usual bug trackers, there is e.g. just a field where I can set a fixed target date, as some kind of a bit of info. Rather than that, I am looking for a tool that supports me in determining and updating that date in the first place, based on the estimated workload a given task has, and the available capacity the team members that the task may be assigned to have.
I am looking for an overview from which I can quickly derive that team member A has two tasks this week which block approximately 90% of their capacity, while team member B has fifteen (tiny) tasks which block a total of some 20% of their capacity, hence I can assign a new task to B starting immediately, with support from A as of next week. And then, the output of the program I am looking for might be the expected date of completion.