I currently run several raspberry pis at home for controlling my UniFi APs. Apart from that I have a backup server and a simple web server running an app that I develop myself. I also have like 5 websites I manage and I would like to monitor all these things in a simple but yet detailed UI.
I know there won't be many informations for the shared hosters where the pages run, but I expect a good amount of data that should be possible to gather from the PIs.
Now my requirements for the hardware are not that high. I personally would want to run it on a Raspberry PI 3 Model B+. The size of the SD card is flexible. What software can you guys recommend. I thought about Icinga but it seems a bit overkill. Another solution I found was Pi Control but that seems to only monitor one Pi. Another idea I had was writing my own solution but that seems a bit overkill. So what do you guys recommend?
Edit: Here is a list of my desired tasks:
- Watch the status of the MongoDB for my UniFi Controller
- Watch the status of the UniFi controller software
- Watch the status of the Raspberry PIs, Disk usage, RAM and CPU
- Watch the status of the internet and the speed of it
- Watch the status of several websites on a managed server, response time, up time
- Watch the status of several websites on a shared hoster, response time, up time
Nice to haves:
- Watch some wordpress blogs, with update availablitiy, uptime, response time
- Status of the UniFi APs, four of them
After researching I found Prometheus which looks promising, does someone have another recommendation?