Required Features (in order of importance)
1) Looking for project management applications that are capable of linking to files stored on a local server. Users would be able to view a project on a calendar, click a link, and be brought to the corresponding project's assets folder on the local server
2) Locally running applications preferred since browser based access to local file storage is generally frowned upon
3) Ubiquitous, well supported systems
4) Doesn’t require overly proprietary customization (such as Salesforce)
5) Spreadsheet based project tracking would be nice since current data needs to be migrated from one
Many media editors need to access large, locally stored files while tracking the progress of related projects.
- Unlimited users (preferred)
- Per user pricing would need to be < $50 per user per month
- Linux (not required, but nice to have)
One tool-set I'm already aware of is Shotgun by Autodesk. Trying to find alternatives that are less expensive and more ubiquitous.