I am using Windows movie maker but it is now unsupported and lacks a couple of features I would like. What software would let me do the following
- take 1080i video from my Nikon camera (MOV H.264/MPEG-4 AVC with AAC sound)
- add a 10 second title with my text overlaid on a still from the video
- cut out sections of video
- mute some sections
- add overlaid subtitles for selected position and duration
- record new audio voiceover for sections
- generate & insert short video sections from stills
- output in a format suitable for upload to Youtube
I'm not interested in special effects. I don't want spinning 3d titles with firework sparkles and dancing unicorn overlays. I don't care if transition types are limited.
I don't want to pay a fixed monthly fee. Free is good but a low-cost cost perpetual licence might be ok.
I tried Avidemux but found it difficult to work out how to add the sort of titles I want and it seems to focus on video codec arcana a bit too much for my liking.
Platform Windows 10, maybe Ubuntu.