Been searching a lot on the net, a bit flustered..
I need some pointers on how to go about.
- Use usb port to connect both ios and adroid devices to windows > 8
- Should not require jail break or debug/devloper mode for ios/androids
- Windows service preferably run on .net, but open (perhaps reusable code on OsX)
- When device is connected, windows service (the service 'need to develop) will send a piece of information (< 500 bytes) and the app on the connected device (ios/android ph) will pick that up
That's it. I dont need any file transfer, media streaming etc.
some candidates I deeply explored
- libusb --> libusbdontnet ; requires dedicated drivers to pre-installed, bufore recognizes the devices
- usbmuxd --> libusbmuxd --> libmobiledevices : seems logical as apple natively has imobiledevices package that comes in itunes, but android side is really flaky; moreover, I didnt find any easy tutorial except this
Also precompiled packages would be great, but didnt find much.
Appreciate if any sme can shed some more light and pointers
a big thank you in advance. CG