For the longest time, I've been using Autoplay Media Studio to create simple launchers. However, it hasn't been updated in s long time and the resulted launcher isn't really portable (folder with resources + 2 dlls must be present). So, essentially, I'm looking for an up-to-date, (preferably) free/cheaper alternative to AMS. The program should have the following features:
- Visual GUI editor
- Be able to do common tasks (Launch a program,read/write registry, copy/move/delete files/folder, play common media formats, etc.)
- Not rely on external programs to use the created GUI (i.e. I'm not looking for Qt Designer)
- (Preferably) use a scripting language for task automation
- Create a fast-loading portable executable
- Create frameless windows of any size.
Is there any such software available out there, that's still under active development? I've tried Googling, but the only results I got were outdated Autorun Software (such as AMS), and simple GUI designers, that let you design a GUI, however they don't contain a compiler and leave it to you figure out what to do with the resulted GUI.