So, I don't know whether this is the right place to ask this question or not (I'm new here) but I want to build a custom Software Center for Ubuntu and derivatives.
Now that would be like just another app but I need information on a few topics:
- Where can I get resources to build Ubuntu apps? (I can use electron framework currently)
- How can I parse the repository information in an application to load apps, show popular apps, install and remove installed apps.
- I would also like to have a built in review system for the apps. What would be the best method to do it?
- If used commands, can I use NodeJS to develop the app?
- Can I fork some app to get started?
If you do know about any useful links, documentation or guides, please link them up here. Also include your tips for developing apps if you’re are currently a developer. I am a new developer and want to contribute to the FOSS community.
Thanks in advance.