What is the best IDE (integrated development environment) to use on a 64x based 1.6 GHz running windows 8 & 2gb RAM for android app development for beginners?
closed as primarily opinion-based by RockPaperLizard♦ Dec 24 '18 at 19:00
Many good questions generate some degree of opinion based on expert experience, but answers to this question will tend to be almost entirely based on opinions, rather than facts, references, or specific expertise. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
Probably the best option is the Android App Studio but I would strongly recommend upgrading your development machine first, especially the RAM - "GB is very low for development work & Windows 8 will be using most of it.
APP Studio Recommendations: Windows:
- Microsoft® Windows® 7/8/10 (32- or 64-bit)
- 3 GB RAM minimum, 8 GB RAM recommended; plus 1 GB for the Android Emulator
- 2 GB of available disk space minimum,
- 4 GB Recommended (500 MB for IDE + 1.5 GB for Android SDK and emulator system image)
- 1280 x 800 minimum screen resolution
Upgrading RAM is normally reasonably simple and cheap.
The Android App Studio is a Free, gratis, download of size 927 MB for Windows so you will need a reasonable internet connection and preferably not a capped or charged one.