What is the best IDE (integrated development environment) to use on a 64x based 1.6 GHz running windows 8 & 2gb RAM for android app development for beginners?
Probably the best option is the Android App Studio but I would strongly recommend upgrading your development machine first, especially the RAM - "GB is very low for development work & Windows 8 will be using most of it.
APP Studio Recommendations: Windows:
- Microsoft® Windows® 7/8/10 (32- or 64-bit)
- 3 GB RAM minimum, 8 GB RAM recommended; plus 1 GB for the Android Emulator
- 2 GB of available disk space minimum,
- 4 GB Recommended (500 MB for IDE + 1.5 GB for Android SDK and emulator system image)
- 1280 x 800 minimum screen resolution
Upgrading RAM is normally reasonably simple and cheap.
The Android App Studio is a Free, gratis, download of size 927 MB for Windows so you will need a reasonable internet connection and preferably not a capped or charged one.