I need a document editing software with following features:
- Separate content and style editing. I want to be able to create different style sheets for text and restrict document only to those styles. While editing content you select style from predetermined set. It must not allow frivolously changing text properties like font, size, color etc like you would do in a Microsoft Word document.
- I want to be able to create structure of the document independently from the content. If you want to edit or remove section you need to do it not from within the document but rather through table of contents "feature". To edit, add or remove content you need to select section you want to work on and then edit it.
- When you want to add pictures, tables etc, you add it to "resource" section and then add reference in the content.
- It must have features like header, footer, background etc.
- When you are done editing document you need to "export" it to generate final document with styles applied to it.
I know it sounds more like HTML or web content but intent is to separate style from content for non-web document editing.