I have trouble connecting to the Internet in my home, and I'd like software to understand questions like the following:
- What is the strength of my device's connection to the network?
- What is the strength of my network's connection to the internet?
- How does network connection strength vary in different parts of the house?
- How does network connection strength vary based on different routers? (I have two.)
- How do the answers to the above questions vary over time? (I suspect my network's connection to the internet drops out intermittently.)
I'm a professional software engineer and comfortable with a sophisticated tool. If the tool exports data, I'm comfortable analyzing it programmatically if need be.
I have both macOS and Windows devices.