I used PyCharm for quite a while until someone suggested VSC. I've been using VSC ever since. I'm not sure which one to use for Python development. Here are some pros and cons I've found.
- Has plugins, allowing for enhanced development.
- Supports seemingly infinite languages.
- PyLint can get annoying at times, and you can't turn it off without bad issues¹.
- It's hard to run.
- It's designed mainly for python.
- You can easily run python files
- It's designed mainly for python. There isn't too much support for other languages.
- It's buggy with changing the interpreter. It doesn't save properly, meaning that the interpreter you choose when you make a project is usually the interpreter you
¹You can't run it without spending 2 minutes setting up the shell at the bottom.