I would like to generate timelines for entites, such as this one:
I need a tool with support for as many as possible of the following features:
- Marked points along lines in the chart
- Marked points along the axes
- Vectorized output
- SVG, PDF, PNG as specific output formats
- Choice of surrounding overall shape
Also, it has to run on Linux, on x86_64 processors.
Other desired (but not required) features:
- Actively maintained
- I don't mean this kind of timelines (message exchange timelines), nor this kind of timelines (project timeing timeline of blocks for tasks). I mean a timeline with lines describing continuing ongoing, changing, sequences of processes, which can merge or split up.
- The example timeline I posted here was created 'manually' using Adobe Illustrator.