I want a mail adress (and corresponding mailboxes, each having its own login/password) for each of the N members of my family, with 3 < N < 12 (it will evolve with time).
I therefore searching for a (paid) webservice.
What i already have
I have a domain i pay yearly, and since it's my last name, i want to use it as domain for the mail adresses (to get, for each family member, email@example.com). I also have a personal server that could help ; although i do not have the will, time nor knowledge to run myself a mail server.
My family is mostly composed of non-tech users, but some (including me) needs their environment and will not use the service if not reachable from it. The features we need are therefore:
- access via webmail, for non-tech peoples
- interface with desktop mail clients and PGP encryption, like thunderbird+enigmail or mutt, for those like me who needs their specific environment.
- if possible, with PGP encryption available (to promote good habits), and Free/open-source (i'm an idealist)
- support family usage : few thousands mails sent/received per week at most, around 3GB of memory per human,…
- privacy, guarantees that there is no usage of personal data, etc.
- price at most of 50€/account/year
What i tried
I tried Protonmail, which provide support for custom domains, but:
- only for one account, or
- for multiple accounts, but with a way too high price for a family usage (75€/human/year)
Also, protonmail does not support integration with my environment (linux, thunderbird, i already have a PGP key and do not want to share it). This is a no-go for me.
What i know
There is a lot of alternatives that could match with my needs. Since i discovered protonmail flaws only after paying a plan, i though i could use some indication from community before testing other solutions.