At my company, we have at least 50 servers over a wide area network where certain files needs to be backed up. These machines are all windows servers, but all have different versions (ranging from 2003 up to 2012).
What I have in mind is to have a centralized machine to store backups and whenever a file has been updated in the field, the centralized server should grab the modified file at the end of the day (or week), but nothing else.
However, I also have a few additional notes and requirements:
- Should be able to copy files that are currently in use.
- I should NOT have to install anything on the field machines. I know some tools require licenses, but buying and installing licenses on 50 machines sounds expensive and a giant time sink.
- Due to security concerns, I might not be able to convince IT to enable VSS.
- Should be able to perform rsync in parallel.
- I do not mind command line tools.
- Having some integration with python or java would be nice, but not required
- There should be some logging tool included to inform me when a rsync fails or if something else happens.
Is there a rsync tool that meets most of my needs?