Firefox recently rolled out a feature called container tabs, which sounds awesome. However, you have to have Quantum to use it, and I don't want to use Quantum.
There's always been a way to have multiple instances of Firefox, but you had to mess around with profiles, and that always seemed too clunky for me to fool with, so it got backburnered.
Earlier this week, I came across a GUI front end to make the profile management easier to get multiple Firefox instances up and running. This is awesome, and I want to use it. However, today I can't seem to find it. I thought it was called Multifox, but that's a different thing.
As I recall:
- it was a GUI front end for Firefox profiles
- leveraged Firefox Portable
- the developer had his own website in addition to a Git repository
- the software was also posted on Softonic, Softpedia, and/or Sourceforge
- there were articles on Lifehacker, HowtoGeek, and some other popular techy blogs explaining features and how-tos
Yet today, I can't find it. No idea if that topic is shadowbanned, I'm shadowbanned, or what. When I found it the other day, it was surprisingly everywhere. I have searched for something like this off and on for year or two, and was ecstatic to have found what I wanted.
Is there such a software? Or did I misread the info on Multifox?