...the task you want to accomplish
- I want to build web and mobile applications.
- I don't want to maintain my own servers.
...your requirements for that task
- They must use reusable components. So I've settled on ReactJs.
- They must have a backend.
- I want a backend as a service so I don't have to maintain my own servers and infrastructure.
- I want to avoid vendor lock.
...what you already know about software available for this purpose
- Firebase. Can be expensive. And in this case, unreliable.
- I'm looking for alternatives to Firebase. Preferably one that is open source to best avoid vendor lock.
- Some possibilities I've seen include Horizon, Backendless, Digital Ocean, Linode and Spring Boot
Are there any open source alternatives to Firebase that can supply a backend as a service?