I want to connect to a mysql database located on a linux server, through ssh and using private key and a passphrase, from windows 10, I'm looking for a GUI mysql viewer.
- PHPmyadmin won't work in such scenario
- Mysql workbench didn't work, it couldn't connect using a private key for some reason, it has that option but did not work.
- DataGrip works but it's so confusing, I don't know how to use it, to the point that if I need to do something, I'd rather SSH to the server and write SQL
I want something that:
- is free, I'm willing to pay if the software is decent though and the price is reasonable (around $50 max, might stretch the budget a bit, and one time purchase)
- As easy to use as SequelPro which is for mac only , notice how clean the user interface is, notice how you rarely need to type any sql command, which is not the case for datagrip, at least I wasn't able to use it
- Good documentation or/and tutorials, if I get stuck on datagrip I rarely find help
- Should be able to connect through ssh using a private key and a passphrase
- The software should be similar to PHPMyadmin and When I login, the databases should be listed on the left, when I click a database, tables should be listed
- Extra point: decent community, preferably on stackoverflow
Dbvis is too expensive, I'm going to try HeidiSQL and see if it works, I want to know what other options do I have? Because it seems that HeidiSQL is my only option now.
Edit: Heidisql is prompting me to enter my passphrase but there's no input field, so I can't connect, unless this bug can be fixed, I'll have to find another software.