I want to manage calendar entries and tasks on a windows and an android device. Currently I use:
- data hosting: fruux.com (access through CalDAV)
- on windows: thunderbird + lightning plugin
- on android: fruux app (for sync) and aCalendar Pro (for viewing)
What's (not) working
On the PC side everything works fine and as expected; on Android I can see the tasks in the fruux app, but can not edit them nor tick them off.
Apps I've tried
- DAVdroid: syncs the data including the tasks, which works!
- aCalendar Pro: once synced with DAVdroid it can assess all tasks, but when I try to check off a periodic task, all repeating tasks are checked off.
- OpenTasks: Same issue as aCalendar
- Buisiness Calendar 2: Doesn't recognize CalDAV task list
- 2Do: only IOS/MAC version supports CalDAV
Can anyone recommend me an App that can handle periodic tasks?
I do like CalDAV because it does not tie me to a specific app / service, has no recurring fees and I can use fruux which does have decent data encryption. If you know a todo-app that does not use CalDAV, but has these properties I'd like to hear about it as well.
I think the problem lies with the front-end app on android, but I'm not 100% sure. That's why I've included my whole setup.