I need to be able to view a pdf file that contains animations, and I need to be able to do this on all the common operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iPhone). What free programs can display such files correctly?
~edit~ Since no one seems to know the answer, could I get some help testing what works? I just need people to try to open this test file on their respective operating systems, using their available pdf-readers, and just report back if it works or not. It should take you all of 10 seconds to view the file and confirm this. Please state your operating system, the program you used, and whether or not the file displayed correctly.
~edit2~ I have now found a solution for Windows and Mac systems, but I'm still looking for something that works on Android, iOS and Linux. It's possible there's nothing available at this point in time.
These are the results so far:
- What works:
- Windows: Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Mac: Adobe Acrobat Reader
- What doesn't work:
- Windows: Foxit Mobile PDF
- Mac: Preview
- iPhone: the built-in pdf-viewer for Google Drive app
- Android: Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit Mobile PDF reader
- Linux: eog, okular
- Other: the built-in pdf-viewers for Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Safari
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.