I have a requirement to build a web application which
- will only run on mobile devices, specifically one model of mobile phone
- if someone opens it on a tablet or desktop browser, it should still look identical to the way it looks on mobile
- must be as lightweight (minimized css download) as possible
- should look (on mobile) as if it was built on bootstrap (with the default styles)
- mark-up (classes, grid system) should look undistinguishable to Bootstrap developers
- should be easy to extend to tablet and desktop viewports later
I thought to myself: I could just go download Bootstrap and then strip it off all @media queries, leaving support for only the mobile ( "xs-" classes ) sized viewport.
And THEN, I thought: I don't want to maintain a fork of Bootstrap. Surely someone must already have thought of this, and maintains a public fork of Bootstrap 4 that's been stripped down for mobile-only?
I tried Googling and found only some unrelated stuff.
Does such a framework exist?