There are many text editors featuring plugins but I would like to know if there is one text editor that makes it very easy for the user to write a plugin, using a simple language and with a lot of examples and tutorials.
Macros are not enough for me. Notepad++ for example makes it very easy to create and to use macros for example but I need plugins.
I would like to write plugins for doing things like:
- reverse the lines in the selected text
- add prefix/suffix to the selected text
- compress whitespaces in the selected text
- join the top half lines with the bottom half lines
- merge every N rows in the selected text
- join groups of N lines
- create a list (menu) with all the occurrences of the string "@Chapter@". When I click on one such item, jump to the corresponding line. Similar with the "folder favorite" menu in Free Commander (practically I want chapters for plain text files)
I'm using Windows but also it's a good reference to know about such an editor that makes it easiest to write plugins, no matter what OS it is for.
I am looking for a text editor, but it's also interesting to know about various IDE's that makes it easy to write plugins