I am looking for a performance profiler in order to analyze my Python programs.
- works on Windows (Windows 10 at least, Windows 7 would be nice).
- can be commercial.
- at least support sampling (statistical approach).
- ideally support instrumentation (modification of code).
- support for Python 2 and 3. If your tool supports only one version, please mention that, so I can look for another tool for the other version.
- UI for dealing with all the data.
- hierarchical display of where the time is spent.
- focus ("zoom") into a method and rescale it to 100%.
If you know Jetbrains dotTrace for .NET code, then that's roughly what I'm looking for. If you don't know it, here's a small screenshot:
I have tried:
- looking at this question, but it asks "where the interpreter spends the most time". I don't want information about the interpreter, I want information about my code. Also, my question is limited to Windows.
I don't want