Would you recommend a free tool for exploring compiled .NET assemblies. I need to be able to:
- Explore the assemblies' source code and visualize the IL to a CLR language of choice (C#, VB.NET, managed C++ and etc.)
- Support navigation between the classes (via Ctrl + click on the class name for example, or other convenient way).
- Allow examining the embedded resources in the assembly, if any (text, images etc.)
- Capable of handling assemblies since .NET version 2.0.
Optionally, I will be glad if it supports:
- Exporting classes to source files.
- Integration with Visual Studio 2010 (this one need not be free) that allows for debugging the source code.
- Integration with the Xamarin Studio IDE (former MonoDevelop) would be a plus, although I am getting too optimistic here.
I used to work with .NET Reflector a few years ago and it supported most of the above features (actually all except the Xamarin integration). I tried to use it again a few weeks ago but now it has become a commercial product and my old free version does not work anymore.